Spectra Precision® Pipe Laser DG813
Compact, Tough and Smart – Perfection in a Pipe.
Benefitting from the latest technology developed by Spectra Precision, the DG813 delivers an unprecedented performance when laying pipes.
The length of the DG813 has been reduced to make it easier to set up the lasers into tight inverts in the manhole. The DG813 has a grade range from -12% to +40% and is fully self-leveling over the entire grade range. Even the cross axis is fully compensated - providing quick set up and peace of mind that the laser will be level without having to adjust at the bottom of the invert.
The DG813 works over a distance of 150m (500ft) providing full operation in a single set-up between manholes. The new RC803 remote control provides full function control and utilizes infra-red light in the pipe for up to 150 meter (500 feet) control. For “over-the-top” setups, the remote utilizes radio communications up to a distance of 130 meter (430 feet).
Flexible power options provide 40 hours operating time with NiMH rechargeable batteries and 50 hours with alkaline batteries. Alkaline batteries can be used directly at the laser without a separate battery pack. An additional car charger is available for work in remote areas.
Large graphical user interface can be seen easily when the laser is in a manhole. All functions are available via graphical menu which makes it simple and easy to use – no secret button pressing and short learning curve means it can be handed to anyone in your crew with little or no training. The same graphical user interface is used at the RC803 remote control
The Spectra Precision DG813 has advanced functions that make setting up and using it easier and more accurate:
Line-Set/Check allows the laser to shoot the beam upwards to align to the next manhole at the first day from a short, deep trench as the beam will move up to 100% in seconds.
Features and Benefits
- New reduced length allows easy set-up even in tight inverts
- Large, bright, graphical user interface makes the screen easier to see and use when in or out of the pipe. Same graphical user interface can be seen on the remote – what you see on the laser you see on the remote.
- Self levelling range of -12% to +40% over the entire grade range
- Cross axis compensation provides a quicker more accurate set-up as the laser does not have to be level in the pipe – place it in the pipe, it levels, you work.
- Bright visible beam that works up to 150m (500ft)
- IP68 protection (dust and waterproof)
- The DG813 has flexible power options that provide 40 hours operating time (NiMH rechargeable batteries with worldwide charger) and 50 hours (alkaline batteries). Alkaline batteries can be used directly in the laser without a separate battery pack. Additional car charger can be purchased to keep you working even when out in remote areas.
- Line-Set/Check – allows the user to align the laser to the manhole quickly and easily to set direction. The beam will go up to 100% allowing easy alignment even in short trenches
- Line Scan – provides a quick alignment to the center of the target for the second day setup
- Line Alert- notifies the user if the set-up is disturbed eliminating costly re-work from errors
- RC803 remote works via radio 130m (430ft) or infra-red 150m (500ft) for both “Over the Top” set-up and in pipe/trench set-up.
With SF803 Spot Finder, smart functions are available:
− Spot Align – automatically aligns the DG813 to the center of the Spot Finder in the pipe or to the direction of the manhole when used in a deep, short trench or for “Over the Top” set up.
− Spot Match – a great tool for checking that pipe has been installed to the correct grade or for finding the grade of existing pipe work. Can also be used to calculate the grade between manholes.
− SpotLok – can be used to easily establish a steep slope reference at mountain areas or to lock the beam in a desired position for applications such as solar farms where the beam could be subject to drift.
− Spot Search – can be used to manually locate the beam over long distances out of the trench when using the “Over the Top” application
DG813 Laser, 1248 trivet plate 8 inch (200mm), RC803 IR/Radio Remote Control, SF803 Spot Finder w/pole adapter & target plate, 956 target, ST802 Transporter, NiMH battery pack and charger
Part # 7S0014
Ships directly from Spectra. We are an authorized dealer for Spectra Precision Lasers. See additional Lasers in our catalog starting on page 419. Pipe Laser Accessories available on page 425. Call 855-219-6387 to order direct.